In 2014 the first Vogel Street Party happened in the warehouse precinct in Dunedin. The reason for the party was to celebrate the local community making things happen & the general rejuvenation of the area.
It was incredible!
From 3pm to 10pm on Saturday the 18th of Oct 2014:
- the street was closed to traffic
- street food vendors sold delicious wares
- a huge range of activities for young and old were held
- a HUGE LED wall screen showed animation, video and digital art
- musicians performed over the afternoon
- there was an upcycled street-fashion show
- DJs played into the evening
Also the party coincided with the Dunedin Street Art Festival. Local and international artists transformed walls around the area into vibrant pieces of art.
A strong group of volunteers made this happen. I got myself involved from day one and put a lot of energy into the website, booking the DJs, as well as curating & producing the digital screen content.
I also had the privilege of performing – DJing and triggering custom synchronised animations on the big screen.
A huge thanks to everyone who contributed to the event, and the sponsors who backed us!
This post was originally posted in 2014; since then there have been more Vogel Street Parties every year (with a hiatus in 2018), each one getting bigger and better! See you at the next one 🙂